1 Information on the collection of personal data, provider identification and data protection officer
- Below we inform you about the collection of personal data when using this website. Personal data includes all data, which can be related to you personally, such as e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
- The data protection officer of the service provider is Mr Gerrit Huesmann (Lawyer), Döhrbruch 62, 30559 Hanover, Germany.
2 Rights to information and revocation
- You are entitled to request information from us at all times concerning the data stored in our company relating to you as well as the origin, recipients or categories of recipients, to whom the data is forwarded and the purpose of the storage.
- If you have granted consent for the use of data, you can revoke this at any time.
- Please send all requests for information, enquiries for information or objections to the data processing by email to email@example.com or to the linked address under Section 1 (2)
3 Data security
- We maintain current technical measures for guaranteeing data security, in particular for the protection of your personal data against risks in regard to data transmissions as well as against the obtaining of knowledge by third parties. These are respectively adjusted according to the current status of technology.
4 Collection of personal data for informational use
When you merely use the website for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not log in to use the website, register, or otherwise provide us with information, we do not collect any personal data, except for the data transmitted by your browser that enables you to access the website. This includes; IP address, Date and time of the request, Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), Content of the request (specific site), Access status/HTTP status code, Volume of data transmitted each time, Website from which the request comes, Browser, Operating system and its interface, Language and version of the browser software.
b. Transient cookies will be deleted automatically when you close the browser. These in particular include the session cookies. These store a so-called session-ID, with which various enquiries of your browser can be allocated to the joint session. This way your computer can be recognised again when you return to the website. The session cookies will be deleted when you log out or you close the browser.
c. Persistent cookies will be automatically deleted after a stipulated duration, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at all times.
d. You can configure your browser setting in line with your wishes and e.g. refuse to accept third party cookies or all cookies. However, we would like to inform you that it is possible that you may then not be able to use all functions of this website.
This stored information will be stored separately from any specified data that we may continue to store. The data of the cookies will in particular not be linked with your other data.
- We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising; To provide personal communications which we think will be of interest to you, to better understand how people interact with out websites, to enhance the security of our network and information systems, to identify and prevent fraud, Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
For the subscription to our newsletter we use the so-called ‘double opt-in’ procedure. It means that after entering your email address you will receive a confirmation email requesting you to confirm your subscription to the newsletter. If you do not confirm your subscription within 24 hours, your registration will be cancelled automatically. If you confirm your subscription to the newsletter, we will store your email address until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. We will store your email address solely for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. Upon subscription and confirmation we will also store your IP address and the time of your subscription or confirmation in order to prevent misuse of your personal data.
The only mandatory information you need to provide for subscribing to the newsletter is the email address. Any other separately marked information is voluntary and will only be used for personalising the newsletter. This information will also be deleted when you unsubscribe.
You can cancel your subscription to the newsletter at any time. To unsubscribe you can use the link provided in every email newsletter. You can also do so by emailing us at email@example.com or sending a message to the contact details given in the imprint. Your specified data will not be forwarded to third parties.
Please note that we will analyse your user behaviour when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the emails we send use so-called web beacons, also known as tracking pixels. These are single-pixel image files that are linked to our website, enabling us to analyse your user behaviour. For this purpose, the data specified in 4 are collected as well as web beacons that are allocated to your email address and linked to an ID of their own. The data are collected in strictly pseudonymous form. It means the IDs are not linked to other personal data of yours so that any direct personal reference can be excluded. If necessary, we use the data obtained in this way to create a user profile in order to provide a newsletter that is tailored to your interests. We record when you read our newsletter, what links you click on and conclude from this what your personal interests are. We link these data to your activities on our website. The data collected in this way will be stored on the newsletter provider's server in Germany.