For repair, refurbishment and new build, you need to have an effective long-term waterproofing and surfacing solution for educational buildings and infrastructure.
Advantages at a glance
- Durable, long term structural protection
- Cold liquid applied – no fire risk during application
- Rainproof after 30 minutes, whatever the time of year or external temperature
- Can be applied at any time, even during term time
- We provide support for Condition Improvement Fund (CIF) bids to the Education Funding Agency (EFA)
- Very low health and safety risks
Getting your waterproofing specification right
Our job is to make sure that you get the right solution over the long term. Our cold applied waterproofing and surfacing systems are based on extensive research and development, but helping you get the right answer is about far more than this.
From day one of your project, we will work with you to get the specification that meets your needs.
- Consultation. We will listen and work with you towards a solution right from the first enquiry
- Survey. Our technical team will carry out a thorough onsite condition survey
- Testing. If needed we will conduct core, adhesion, cohesive strength and other testing
- Specification proposal. After evaluating your project, we will provide you with a comprehensive bespoke specification
- Installation. We only work with trained authorised contractors and we provide onsite support and quality control
- Warranty. Our solutions are underpinned by meaningful warranties backed by insurance
Safe year-round application
Unlike traditional hot applied roofing systems, like asphalt, Triflex cold applied waterproofing and surfacing systems can be installed at any time of year, even during term time. They are totally safe, do not use solvents or isocyanates and pose no fire risk.
The curing process typically takes about 60 minutes regardless of the external temperature, and a typical school roof can be completed in a day. Minimal pre-works are required, the waterproofing and surfacing system can be patched or applied straight over the top of the existing solution. There is no need for skips and nothing to take to landfill.
It means that you can provide long term protection for your buildings and infrastructure with minimal disruption, while students can continue learning in a safe and comfortable environment.
Our waterproofing and surfacing systems are designed for all structures and applications including roofs, playgrounds, walkways, terraces, balconies, stairs, stairwells and access ramps. They are functional, durable, slip resistant and aesthetic.
For long term protection of new build and as a rapid, effective answer for repair and refurbishment, our roof and waterproofing systems provide the highest levels of certified protection.
Using cold liquid applied technology, there is no need for hot works during application eliminating any fire risks. And because it is installed by Triflex Authorised Contractors, you can be sure that you get the safest and most convenient solution.
Our solutions are suitable for roof refurbishment, roof overlay, new build roofs, warm roofs, inverted roofs, green roofs, metal roofs, roof repair and much more.
The maintenance and refurbishment of internal and external walkways are often overlooked. Whether linking formal environments and relaxed social spaces or updating neglected areas to make them more aesthetically pleasing and safer, our solutions will enhance your environment.
Our waterproofing and surfacing systems can be applied all year round, even during term time. They can be walked upon after just an hour, so there is minimal disruption for staff or students.
Interactive outdoor areas promote exercise, positive behaviour, interaction and improve learning among pupils.
Our solutions for waterproofing and surfacing rooftop playgrounds and our high quality, durable marking systems for surface playgrounds create fun and safe areas for children.
Triflex has worked with educational facilities for many years and we have a lot of experience of helping schools gain CIF (Condition Improvement Fund) funding from the EFA (Education Funding Agency) for refurbishment, repair or improvement.
Our technical team will assess existing facilities and provide detailed condition reports with recommendations and costings to meet EFA requirements. Working in partnership with a national network of education consultants, we can help you tailor your CIF bid submission to help it succeed.
How we can help:
- We understand the needs of the education sector
- Thorough and in-depth surveying, testing and condition reports
- Extensive recommendations and costings to meet EFA requirements
- Support with tailored CIF bid submissions