Where an alternative to a self-finished waterproofing and surfacing system is required, for example paving slabs, tiles, timber decking or artificial grass it is essential that the highest quality waterproofing system is used beneath.
The BBA and ETA certified Triflex ProTerra Buried system is the perfect answer, offering reliable, long term waterproofing that can be used in conjunction with a wide range of both loose laid and fully bonded overlay solutions. The system is ultra-fast curing and cold liquid applied, allowing installation to be completed quickly, without the use of hot works, and with minimal impact on users. Triflex ProTerra Buried is available in both a standard and a heavy-duty variant, so whatever the covering, we can provide a solution that lasts.
Dynamic crack bridging, fully reinforced, cold applied system
Triflex lead from the front. Featuring an ETA certified waterproofing membrane with unique resins with enhanced elastomeric properties and high tensile strength reinforcement, Triflex ProTerra Buried delivers a totally waterproof solution that can accommodate movement and cracking within the structure. There is no risk from hot works during installation as all Triflex materials are applied in a totally cold liquid form, curing to create a solution that lasts.
Fast curing with rapid installation
Rapid curing and easy to install, Triflex systems allow buildings to remain fully occupied during installation, limiting access restrictions and unnecessary disruptions to everyday life.
Tough and durable protection
Triflex ProTerra Buried is designed for use beneath coverings and in inverted and buried build-ups, easily withstanding the permanent loads created from the overburden. The durable system is unaffected by ponding water, can be overlaid with cementitious materials, and is resistant to chlorides (salts), carbon dioxide ingress, and approved de-icing and cleaning products. Protection that's built to last, with a low lifecycle cost.
Many balconies, walkways and terraces have historically been waterproofed using asphalt which over time will fail. Triflex has more than 30 years’ experience of asphalt overlay in the UK and Triflex ProTerra Buried is the ideal solution for directly overlaying failing asphalt where a buried or inverted build-up is required. In fact, whatever the substrate, we can provide a quick, easy and reliable overlay solution.
Safety and environmental
Our solvent and isocyanate free resin technology has been assessed under BREEAM principles and can contribute to A+ ratings.
Triflex ProTerra Buried is available in a standard and high duty variant. Create your perfect design by choosing from a wide range of overlay options such as tiles, paving, decking, cushion surfaces, artificial grass, cementitious overlay and much more.
- External walkways, balconies, terraces, pedestrian bridges and other pedestrian trafficked areas beneath coverings
- In inverted insulated external walkways, balconies, terraces, pedestrian bridges and other pedestrian trafficked areas
- High risk areas subject to significant levels of structural movement and cracking
- New build
- Overlay of existing failed waterproofing systems
- Asphalt and polymer modified asphalt
- Concrete, concrete repair materials and screeds
- Existing membranes
- Structural plastics
- Cast in situ concrete
- Permanent formwork with in situ concrete
- Precast concrete planks with or without structural topping
- Precast double tee units with or without structural topping
- Steel / galvanised steel / structural plastic / timber constructions
- Insulated / warm deck build-ups
Triflex ProTerra Buried is available in 7032 Pebble grey.
Fully certified to the highest UK and European standards and classifications, including:
- Durability: Under normal service conditions the system will have a service life of at least 15 years
EN 1504-2 certified
- B4.2 (-20°C) dynamic crack bridging
ETAG 005 certified (reinforced waterproofing membrane)
- 25 year expected working life
- BS 476-3 (EXT.F.AA)
- EN 13501-5 : Class BROOF (t1) / (t2) / (t3) / (t4)
- EN 13501-1 : Class E
Root and rhizome resistant (reinforced waterproofing membrane):
- FLL Certified: Root and rhizome resistant
- ISO 9001 Quality Management
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management
- ISO 50001 Energy Management