Triflex RoofTec can be applied to numerous substrates without a primer, and with exceptional levels of vapour permeability, is particularly suitable for damp cementitious and other substrates.It is a simple, single component, virtually odourless reinforced waterproofing system for roofs and internal areas.
The winner of a German Innovation Award* from the Design Council, the system can be used for everything from standard roofing and details to basement and foundation waterproofing. Being virtually odourless the system is also ideal for hospitals, nurseries, food processing and other sensitive areas.
(*) Under the trade name Triflex SmartTec
Waterproofing of damp and porous substrates
The special characteristics of the Triflex RoofTec resin enable application onto damp mineral / cementitious substrates without the need to prime first. Once installed, the highly vapour-permeable system then allows the substrate to dry out over time. The system can even be applied direct to insulation including mineral wool and both extruded and expanded polystyrene.
Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
The fact that Triflex RoofTec is virtually odourless makes it ideal for use in odour-sensitive areas, such as schools and hospitals. Triflex RoofTec is also the quick and easy solution for a wide range of internal waterproofing applications, including boiler rooms, bunds etc. and because Triflex RoofTec is both solvent and isocyanate-free there is no need for additional protective measures during application such as respirators or additional ventilation.
Cold applied, quickly rainproof with rapid installation
Triflex allows buildings to remain fully occupied during installation, limiting access restrictions and unnecessary disruptions to everyday activities. Being rainproof in just 60 minutes weather windows can be maximised and down time minimised. There is also no risk from hot works during installation as all Triflex materials are applied in a totally cold liquid form, curing to create a solution that lasts.
Single process application
Installation time and costs are significantly reduced when compared to multi-coat, typically solvent based systems as the system is applied in a simple, single process, often without the requirement for a primer.
Fully reinforced technology
The unique, highly flexible Triflex RoofTec resin is used with a special high tensile strength polyester fleece to ensure that high levels of movement and cracking within the structure and between substrates can be accommodated. Proven fully reinforced waterproofing technology that stands the test of time.
Waterproof down to the smallest detail
The liquid applied waterproofing has a semi-thixotropic formulation which allows the resin to be applied to both flat and vertical surfaces.
- New build
- Zero pitch / completely flat roofs
- Warm roofs (all insulation types)
- Inverted roofs
- Podium / plaza decks
- Buried membrane roofs
- Submerged waterproofing
- Blue roofs
- Bunds / storage tanks / silos / plant rooms
- Overlay of existing failed waterproofing systems
- Single-ply membranes (e.g. PVC, PVC-P, EPDM, EVA, TPO, FPO, TPE, CPE, PIB, VET etc.)
- Cementitious materials (concrete, brickwork, masonry)
- Metals and coated metals
Triflex RoofTec is available in two standard resin colours, 7030 Stone grey and 7043 Traffic grey 2.
Fully certified to the highest UK and European standards and classifications, including:
- Durability: Under normal service conditions the system will provide a durable roof waterproofing with a service life in excess of 25 years
ETAG 005 certified
- Highest classification in all criteria including W3 – 25 year durability
- Indoor Air Comfort® - Pass
- Indoor Air Comfort GOLD® - Pass
- BREEAM International - Compliant (GN22 v2.2: BREEAM Recognised Schemes for VOC Emissions from Building Products)
- LEED v4 - Compliant
- BS 476-3 (EXT.F.AA)
- EN 13501-5: Class BROOF (t1) / (t2) / (t3) / (t4)
- EN 13501-1: Class E
Root and rhizome resistant
- FLL Certified: Root and rhizome resistant
- ISO 9001 Quality Management
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management
- ISO 50001 Energy Management